- Bade Taylor, Island Club Committee member, will be celebrating the wedding of one of his children.
- The Afeniferes, Yinka Awoye and Toyin Alabi will be locked in engagement and marriage this weekend, end of October. Yinka is offspring of Island Club and Yoruba Tennis Club member, former Managing Director of Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), member of Cathedral Torch Bearers, Chief Tony Awoye who has promised all guests a jolly good time on the engagement and marriage days.
- Also Getting married this end of October weekend is Kaka Aderemi Doyle, daughter of Mr and Mrs Patrick Omojuwa Doyle Snr (not the actor). She will be tying the knot with Fred Boma Allison, son of late popular Lagos guy, Samuel Mordecai Allison and Mrs Nyingi Hailsham Allison. This is going to be a waoh of a wedding as all the big boys in Lagos have promised to stand “kampe” with their bosom childhood friend and very pleasant Patrick and his wife, daughter of late Professor Prince Akinsanya, son of late Odemo of Ishara in Ijebu Land. Ex Kingsonian, Patrick’s friends expected at the wedding include Prince Gboyega Ademiluyi (Gregs) of Ife Kingdom, Prince Gboyega Ademola of Egba Kingdom, Prince Dr Gbadebo Akisanya (Gregs) of Ishara Kingdom, Dapo “Orlando” Elias (son of late Baba Adinni of Lagos), Mr Akin Aganga Williams (CMS Gram.), Lanre Ogunlesi (Sophisticat), Chief Abiola Johnson (Apesin of Lagos) and all the big boys and girls in town.
- First generation merchant Marine Engineer First Class, Biodun Owoyemi is celebrating his 70th birthday on 26th November, 2014 at his Mafoloku residence. All merchant marine captains and engineers are billed to honour his invitation on that day.
- Chief Funto Savage of the Alakuko, Apapa Road Savage dynasty will be 70 in November and will mark the event with sans passion. Funto is recovering from an apoplexy and will have his brother, Yemi Savage, his sister, Deola Olusanya, nee Bamgbose and his cousin, ex Diplomat Tunde Giwa in tow to ensure “all correct” on D-day.
Murder out of Jealousy
Frank Sinatra in his hit song says, “LET’S DO IT, LET’S FALL IN LOVE”. He definitely did not say, “Let’s kill for love.” So, it comes as a surprise when a human being takes the life of another human being enraged by jealousy, befuddled, and probably in a schizophrenic paranoia. This is exactly what happened […]
Lagosians in 2014 National Honours
October is here again, and in celebration of the national day on October 1, the federal government of Nigeria has announced its list on National Honours Awardees. These are mainly people, who have, in one way or the other, been found worthy of being honoured by virtue of their achievements or service to the nation, […]
Daniel and Amosun Tear Each Other Apart
“You be thief I no be thief You be armed robber I no armed robber” These are lyrics from a song by late indefatigable Fela Anikulapo Kuti, the greatest musician Nigeria has ever produced. Many of his lyrics are referred to almost on a daily basis by radio and TV discourses, interviews and reports these […]
We present, in our usual manner, a comment we received and found interesting and noteworthy enough to bring to our readers’ attention as a headline story. Read on: I refer to Joe Okoli’s remarks about ex Governor Tinubu’s state of health. As interesting as it is, it does not directly and poignantly address the issues […]
Taiwo Lakanu Promoted to Commissioner of Police
A great Lagosian policeman and a humongously gregarious personality from a top Lagos family, Assistant Commissioner of Police in Rivers State, Frederick Taiwo Lakanu has been promoted to the rank of Commissioner of Police. Lakanu, who is very popular among the “Boys” in Lagos, being a member of several Lagos social clubs, has been posted […]
Some call him engineer, some call him architect and some call him builder but it really doesn’t matter. He is simply Noah Balogun who is well known in social circles in Lagos. A member of the Eko Club, Island Club and Waka Club, he celebrated with joy and happiness his 80th birthday on Sunday, 26th October, 2014 at the Eko Club in Surulere, Lagos. Flanked by several members from many clubs in Lagos including the Yoruba Tennis Club, Island Club, Waka Club, Lagos Lawn Tennis Club, Moderate Club, Playboy Club and Maureen’s Kitchen, he entertained all his guests to the hilt and his children were all in the most joyous mood serving savoury and piquant delicacies. Among those present were Kayode Tinubu (head of the Tinubu family), Kayode Damole (London resident), Professor Ajibade Rokosu (Waka Club Trustee), Tunde Bajulaiye (Waka Club Chairman), Mr Bode Ojabogun (AGS Waka Club) and Mr Tunde Giwa (Yoruba Tennis Club).